Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Them Kicks Is Like Buttah


There's nothing like a brand new pair of running shoes to motivate me to get off my ass. I started a new pair yesterday and the difference is amazing-- less impact in my knees and hips, more spring in my stride. It helps, too, that the weather has been crisp and sunny.

The National Marathon is this weekend, and while I won't be running in it, with my new shoes getting me out the door every day I won't feel like a total loser watching all the athletes zoom by.

Now if only new trainers didn't cost a hundred bucks...

2 comments:

David H said...

I just felt like if someone, even one soul, a single thin silvery beam of readership hope, were to comment on this blog then perhaps its creator would continue to expostulate on chai and chocolate chip cookies and Captain Planet. I hope so. Although perhaps said creator is out running in said kicks.

ryan call said...

i want more